QUEER* KINK PLAY PARTY (fall edition)
Saturday, November 16th
*for queers//by queers
FYI: this is NOT a “sex party” this is a fetish, queer, kink, bdsm play//dance party. please read below for more info.
$10 in anything queer, kink, fetish, costume, glitter, glam, goth, punk, burlesque, rope, chains, latex, leather, furry, pet, big, little, formalwear, “Get weird wear”, etc.
$15 in all black
The idea behind this is to prevent randos/bar hoppers from coming in out of boredom or to fuck with our space. It is NOT meant to be exclusive or restrict/dictate self-expression to the people interested in coming to a queer kink party/space. If you have any questions please feel free to DM us.
(N.O.T.A.F.L.O.F.- DM if you need)
Fellow queer and trans folx in the kink community! Get ready to get sweaty for our Queer Kink Play Party *fall edtion*!!!
On November 16th, we are yet again creating our own space to get kinky, explore new fetishes, dance, watch, participate, not participate, or just be somewhere surrounded by your fellow queer and trans friends. We’ll be providing play stations including a St. Andrew’s Cross, Spanking Bench, Rope Suspension, a Violet Wand area, and more! We will also always provide experienced and vetted DM’s aka Play Space Monitors (PSM) to ensure that folks are playing safely and consensually. Get in touch if you are experienced and would be interested in volunteering at one of these stations in the future. We have an amazing crew of volunteers but would love to see this community continue to grow!
CODE OF CONDUCT**:
Please note admission to this event is always at our discretion. Our Code of Conduct is subject to change, we welcome you to check this page frequently for any changes that may occur.
This party is a space that is:
• Queer and trans-centered
• Explicitly anti-racist
• Intersectionally feminist
• Enthusiastic consent mandatory
We expect all attendees to respect these values or you will not be allowed to remain in the space.
The following list is not exhaustive, but here are some general things we ask of you:
• This space was specifically created to be a safer space for queer and trans attendees. Cis and straight attendees, we expect you to ask someone what pronouns they use, regardless of their presentation. If you don’t know someone’s pronouns, defaulting to gender-neutral “they” is appropriate. It’s not required, but we will have name tags with space for pronouns available for those who wish to use them.
• Ask before touching. Even if it’s just a light touch, or a hug. This also applies to people’s equipment – if it’s not yours, ask to touch it.
• Do not involve yourself in a scene you have not been invited to participate in. Observing from a respectful distance is fine. This applies to all scenes, including self-tying scenes. If something about a scene feels off, please grab a PSM and have them address it.
• Respect “no.” If you ask to touch, to talk, to bum a cigarette, to buy someone a drink, to play, and someone says “no,” respect that.
• Be aware of your word choice and tone, and how it may impact those around you.
• Limit your play time on equipment. We want everyone to have a chance to play!
• Smoking is only allowed in designated outdoor smoking areas. We also encourage you to step outside to vape.
• No substances that are illegal within the state of North Carolina are allowed to be consumed.
• No photography is allowed at the event. If you wish to use your cell phone, we do require you cover the camera with a staff-provided sticker. These stickers are available at the door, and all on-duty staff will be carrying them.
• At public events, all genitals and nipples, regardless of your gender, must remain covered at all times. Additionally, all bottom underwear must be at least one inch wide where it covers your genitals. Electrical tape is available for nipple coverage.
While this list is not all-encompassing and your admission to the event is at our discretion, the following behaviors are explicitly not welcome and are grounds for immediate action to be taken:
• Harassment or disparaging comments based on body type, ability, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, relationship status, or religion (or lack thereof).
• Intimidating someone to socialize or play with you.
• Photography of any kind – no photography is allowed. Staff will provide you with a sticker to place over your camera if you want to use your cell phone.
• Repeated and unwanted contact. This includes non-sexual touch, sexual touch, and verbal interaction. If someone asks you to stop doing something, stop doing it.
• Ignoring anyone’s “no,” in scene (unless you have checked in with a PSM) or out of scene. If someone says no, respect that.
• Violating consent and stated boundaries.
• Repeated and intentional misgendering. Mistakes happen; if you misgender someone, apologize, correct, and work towards being more aware. Refusing to use a person’s pronouns for any reason is grounds for immediate action.
Alcohol will be served; however, inebriation is not an excuse for violating our Code of Conduct, and you will be held to the same standards regardless of your sobriety.
**Credit for Code of Conduct goes towards Asheville After Dark. Big thank you and shout out for letting us use and modify it for our own play party on this side of NC!